Designed and constructed by famed engineer and builder, “Andy” Oddstad, this rolling hills location was chosen for its idyllic surroundings, and known for its “Banana Belt” microclimate—insulated from the cooler western hills exposure-hence the name El Verano, meaning “The Summer”.
This Post WWII enclave of modest homes, offers spacious lots, wide streets and community friendly sidewalks—unusual for Belmont’s rural surroundings.
This single level home resides upon a bluff, and enjoys level topography on an oversized lot. The home has undergone extensive enhancements, and has been nicely updated with contemporary finishes.
New hardwood flooring is throughout the home, along with the generous use of LED recessed lighting.
The nicely updated kitchen features Maple colored soft-close style drawers, granite counters, all new Samsung®stainless appliances including a quiet style dishwasher, five burner gas stove with self-cleaning oven, and French door stainless refrigerator.
Conveniently located in the galley kitchen is a dinette area for casual meals, and the adjacent more formal dining area opens to the spacious living area, augmented by a centerpiece wood burning fireplace, and highlighted by LED recessed lighting.
Access to the expansive entertainment patio and newly sodded sunny flat grassy backyard is also available from this room.
Down the hallway are three copious bedrooms, the new hall bath, and a master ensuite with dual pane windows and remodeled taupe tiled walk-in shower.
The two-car garage, has fresh Shield-Crete epoxy slurry flooring, and new modern roll-up garage door with sidelights and Wi-Fi compatibility belt drive Lift Master opener.
This stylish home offers serenity, functionality, and value. Its large living area is ideal for having guests visit or managing all members of the household. It’s coveted location also benefits from its proximity to both downtown areas of Belmont, as well as convenient travel corridors.
A few blocks away you will find Barrett Park and the Community Center with its many recreation activities, childcare, dog park and socializing. This beloved area offers level streets with sidewalks for evening strolls and is not far from the Carlmont Village Shopping Center and surrounding establishments. This is the hub of activity in Belmont and is host to a variety of retailers and restaurants including Coyote’s Cafe, Gin-Mon, and Sushi Ku; as well as popular gathering spots, such as Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Village Host Pizza, Vivace and Waterdog Tavern which emphasizes modern food and cocktails and offers pet friendly outdoor dining by the creek. Other businesses include ACE Hardware, the upscale Lunardi’s Grocery, Bank of America, and Ladera Nursery, just to name a few.
The eastern area near El Camino is host to fun spots such as the new Dog Haus Biergarten, Panda Express or Mr. Pickles, The Greedy Ant Gourmet, and casual upscale dining at the Farmhouse, Divino’s or Rangoon Ruby.
For shopping, Hillsdale Mall is a short drive away and is undergoing a complete renovation, with stores such as Nordstrom, Macy’s, Williams-Sonoma, Sephora and Trader Joe’s. Enjoy dining options like Paul Martin’s American Grill, The Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and The Counter. Construction has commenced for the highly anticipated Cinema-Cinépolis and Pinstripes bowling alley/entertainment center.
Belmont is ideally located on the Peninsula between the Silicon Valley and San Francisco. It’s popular because of its close proximity to major travel arteries—Highways 101, 280, 92. Caltrain and San Francisco International Airport is also conveniently nearby.
Contact us to find out why more people are moving to the Mid-Peninsula. 650-508-1441
- Remodeled for sale by owner
- Three spacious bedrooms
- Two full and one-half taupe tiled baths
- Hardwood flooring
- Owners ensuite with walk-in shower, dual pane windows and recessed lighting
- Freshly updated kitchen with newer sleek modern Samsung® appliances including silent-style dishwasher, five burner gas stove, microwave, stainless basin sink—granite counters
- Large open communal living room with gas insert fireplace, recessed lighting, and new hardwood floors
- New Electrical panel
- New front and rear landscaping
- Multiple outdoor dining and entertainment patio areas—grass play area
- Two car attached garage
- Approximately ~1,220 sq. ft.
- Substantial ~7,102 sq. ft. lot
- Built in 1955– and updated by current owners
- Freshly painted interior with designer colors
- Award winning Belmont schools
- Sought after Central Belmont location, nearby Carlmont Village Shopping Center
- Several blocks from Barrett Park Community Center with its many recreational activities, childcare, dog park and socializing
- Conveniently close to San Francisco International Airport, Half Moon Bay and Coastal towns, major commute arteries, nearby parks and plenty of excellent shopping and dining options
- Reports available to qualified parties
|Price:||$$ 1,598,000 USD|
|Address:||1812 El Verano Way|
|Lot Square Feet:||7,102|