Magnificent corner lot home nestled in the desirable neighborhood of Laurelwood, just doors away from the city’s largest park, 225 acres, with various picnic areas and newer playground.This popular park has tranquil walking trails leading over and around Sugarloaf Mountain and is a location coveted for its beauty, relative seclusion and access to open space.
The home’s entrance level features the entire living area with a spacious sunken living room and soaring beamed ceilings. This room opens to the front veranda and has a wood-burning fireplace. Adjacent the living room is a formal dining room which can accommodate friend and family gatherings for entertaining.
Through the dining room one will find an updated Craftsman-like kitchen with newer cabinets, granite tile counters and eat-at high-top bar, rich black appliances, recessed lighting and open to a cozy family room.
The rear has a large patio to enjoy warm evenings with a low-maintenance yard–ideal for water conservation. Two spacious front bedrooms, with new carpet, share a common hall bath with dual sinks & shower over tub design. The expansive primary suite has a sizeable walk-in closet, and newly tiled luxurious shower. On the ground level there is an amazing four-car tandem garage, a dream for collectors of toy vehicles and offers walk-in storage under the home.
Not far is the Laurelwood Shopping Center which offers a variety of retailers, restaurants, and popular gathering spots, such as Piazza’s—high-end gourmet grocery store, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Round Table Pizza, Shiki Sushi, Nick the Greek, Celia’s Mexican Restaurant, Jamba Juice and more. Hillsdale Mall is a short drive away and has recently completed an entire renovation with anchor stores such as Nordstrom, Macy’s, Williams-Sonoma, Sephora and Trader Joe’s. One can savor options at the new Dining Terrace for both indoor and out dining including, Paul Martin’s American Grill, The Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, The Refuge, Pinstripes bowling and dining and five-star Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas.
This area of San Mateo is ideally positioned on the Peninsula between the Silicon Valley and City of San Francisco. The location is popular because of its proximity to major travel arteries—Highways 92, 280, and 101, Caltrain and San Francisco International Airport, typically 12 minutes away. The wonderful Coastal towns and beaches are also conveniently nearby.
- Three bedrooms—two full baths
- Spacious living room opens to veranda
- Laminated wood flooring
- New carpeting
- Formal dining room
- Tastefully updated kitchen with high-top breakfast bar
- Family room adjacent to kitchen
- Spacious primary suite, newly tiled luxurious shower
- Two additional bedrooms and bath
- Outdoor patio and low-maintenance landscaping
- Oversized four-car attached garage with additional walk-in storage
- Approximate sq. ft. ~1,830
- Large ~9,450 sq. ft. lot
- Built in 1970
- Doors away from Laurelwood Park with trails to Sugarloaf Mountain
- Conveniently close to San Francisco International Airport, Half Moon Bay and Coastal Towns, Beaches, and major commute tributaries
- Plenty of excellent shopping and dining options
- Reports available to qualified parties
|Address:||3401 Shasta Drive|
|Lot Square Feet:||9,450|